Want to learn how to adjust sliding wardrobe doors? If you’re the one who can relate to this, then you’ve probably also thought about adjusting this, especially when it’s getting harder to make it move. Luckily, you’ll be happy to know that doing so is not so difficult, but before you proceed, it’s important to take note of these first:
- You have to lower or raise the right and the left sides of the door first to make sure that each of the doors will sit flush with the wall or any other doors.
- You can raise or lower the door level that’s located on top of the bottom track. You can do this by adjusting the screw that’s found on the lower rollers by using a screwdriver.
- If you want to move the doors down, just turn clockwise; if you want to move the doors up, just turn counter-clockwise – this is how to adjust sliding door height.
Easy Steps to Adjusting Sliding Wardrobe Doors
Now that you have that in mind, you can now learn how to adjust sliding closet door rollers:
- Before anything else, you have to make sure that the adjusters of your sliding wardrobe door are screwed down in a clockwise manner until it reaches the minimum level. If you don’t do this, you’ll have a hard time fitting it on the tracks.
- The moment you fit the door for the first time, don’t be surprised if it won’t budge. This is expected, so you have to engage the wheels first to make it glide smoothly.
- For the top part of the door, make sure to position it in the top frame of the door or closet. Once done, align the wheels at the bottom of the grooves of the tracks.
- You can now turn the screw counter-clockwise to slowly raise the door, and eventually, you’ll see the wheel starting to engage on the track. You may hear a satisfying click afterwards, so this means you can already repeat the same process on the other door.
- If you can hear a scrape or when the doors won’t glide smoothly, this could mean that they may be too high or too low, so keep on adjusting until they run smoothly.
- If you see a big gap on the top or bottom frames, just adjust the height of the door so that they fit snugly within the frame.
- Ensure that everything is properly snug – the wheels on the tracks and the door fitted within the frames.
Learning how to adjust wardrobe sliding doors shouldn’t be intimidating. Now that you know these easy steps, you can already use your wardrobe doors with less frustration.